maandag 19 maart 2012

Mashup

You are, in fact, a mashup of what you choose to let into your life. You are the sum of your influences. The German writer Goethe said, “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”
-Austin Kleon

Een zeer wijze les! Zie zijn website voor meer van dit soort inspirerende quotes. Hij heeft ook een boek! Dit weekend besloot ik me even een uurtje onder te dompelen in dingen die me voeden.

Zomaar drinken en uit het raam kijken
voedsel voor mijn fantasie: geëmancipeerde Etruskische vrouwen!
Votief poppetjes
Lief, hoe de man de vrouw vasthoudt. We zijn niet zo anders dan toen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The quote above is by Austin Kleon. Go to his website, he has a book too and it sounds pretty amazing! This quote inspired me; no more excuses, it was time to get of the couch and do things to feed my creativity! This is what I did: I went for a nice coffee and sat near the window, where I could look at the people passing by. I went to the classical art museum too, where I saw a beautiful exhibition about Etruskian women. Turns out that the Etruskian ladies were quite powerful, very special seeing that woman and men were not at all equal in (for example) Roman and Greek society. Interesting!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Leuk als je een berichtje achterlaat!